Monday, May 9, 2011

My Device

It appears that my device, which I submitted while at Gulf Wars this year, has passed through all the hurtles.



I'm grinning from ear to ear.

Although I know in medieval times devices were generally just given to someone, without their input and generally without much meaning, I chose the elements of mine to convey two separate, but very distinct meanings.

With my vocation being that of a grazier, I wanted my device to read similar to that of signs seen hanging in front of businesses of the time. Thus, the background stands for the fields where the livestock graze, the blue the stream from which they drink, the shock of wheat the grain grown for livestock feed (as well as human food) and the lamb for the livestock.

As a Christian my device takes on a very different meaning. The green represents the everlasting (like the evergreen at Christmas time), the blue stream a 'river of living water', wheat the 'bread of life' and, of course, the lamb 'the Lamb of God, Jesus Christ'.

No comments: