Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Making of My New Tent - Canvas Fabric

After buying a canvas drop cloth at Lowe's to use for banners, etc, I got to thinking about using them for my tent fabric. They're canvas and you can get 10 oz weights.

I was familiar with the brand Trimaco, so I called MyTarps.com, asked what brand drop cloths they sold and was told Trimaco. What I failed to realize at the time was that Trimaco uses at least 2 different types of canvas for their drop cloths. While the "SuperTuff premium contractor grade" drop cloths I purchased will work beautifully, I really wish I had known about their "quality heavyweight" Frama line. The canvas I purchased (sight unseen) is a coarser weave, while the Frama cloths are made from "tightly woven twills, sateens, drills and ducks".

Lesson learned.

4 - 12' x 15' 10 oz. drop cloths $138.88
Shipping & Handling $ 28.91

No comments: